- Parent View
- Letters to Parents
- Student Council
- Diary Listing
- School Uniform
- Lunch Menu
- Useful Forms
- Free School Meals
- Exam & Assessment Results
- After School Clubs
- Friends of Rigby Hall
- Getting to School
- Bursary Funds
- Parent Questionnaire Results
Free School Meals
Did you know that your child could qualify for free school meals? That means no bills but delicious, healthy meals for your children.
School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them to achieve their full potential. There is nothing healthier for your child and your family’s budget than free school meals. As someone else is preparing the meals for your child, it saves you having to worry about the effort and expense of making packed lunches every day.
Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week.
Please be assured that children entitled to Free School Meals will have their meal provided in exactly the same way as other pupils.
Should you wish to take up your entitlement please contact the school office who will deal with your request in the strictest confidence.